Exciting news! Worth1000 is joining the DesignCrowd.com community!

We're delighted to announce that Worth1000 is joining DesignCrowd. DesignCrowd is a marketplace which connects individuals and businesses seeking design with the most creative people on the planet.

Welcome aboard!

Want to learn more? Visit DesignCrowd

Existing User? Login to Worth1000

(Login to access your account, portfolio and current contests)
ranger10700 said 3 years ago 1/13/2011 8:23:57 AM EDT

Greetings.
I have been playing minecraft for a long time now and have found many different building themes that people use when building a project that requires en mass structures, such as a kingdom. These designs have made me experiment and explore different servers, searching for the one.

This has led me to an artistic design known as woodpunk, which is a derivative of steampunk. As far as i can tell, the main blocks used in woodpunk are essentially:

Wood, trunk, white and grey cloth, half steps, mushroom, gravel, glass and iron. This beautiful combination has come up with some extraordinary designs of airships and building, aswell as many other things.

I am not going to advertise my design ship on the contest, so im just gonna say one thing. If you wish to see woodpunk design on a minecraft classic server, go to the WoM:Main server. This is by all means not server advertisement, i just cannot picture or explain the beauty of woodpunk.

Now, i am not saying that woodpunk is the best design, but it is definitely a major step towards proper building designing in minecraft in a medieval, or older fashion.

So the real question is, what is your favorite building structure or technique, are you undecided, or do you have an opinion on Woodpunk as a whole?

sk said 3 years ago 1/13/2011 9:29:39 AM EDT

That sounds really cool. Once the contest is over (of course!), I hope you'll link the entry in here. I might try a collection like that once I'm actually making significant things.

'Beauty is truth, truth beauty'--that is all ye know on Earth, and all ye need to know.
Arena AdminLadyMin said 3 years ago 1/13/2011 9:57:39 AM EDT

What sk said: I would like to see it once the contest is over. Being a steampunk fan, I really like the idea.

Hello Kitty Tissues!
rosedragon said 3 years ago 1/15/2011 5:49:00 PM EDT

I think most cities either have wood theme or cobble theme since they are very easy to make. Sometimes I also see glass / glass+ wood theme-- usually on the sea. In our server (halfmonty), we got three cities and only one that stick on a theme, theirs theme is obsidian and medieval Japanese. Too bad the city leader decide to play other game. The city where I am, trying to make things underground but for the academies I build, I use a mix of half steps, smooth stones, and a bit of nether rack.

Akyla said 3 years ago 1/17/2011 9:23:20 AM EDT

I really like it when there are only a few different materials used, but with special lighting so there are different colours. I have actually never played on a Beta Server, but i hope to do that soon.

Arena AdminLadyMin said 3 years ago 1/18/2011 7:26:55 AM EDT

rosedragon said
obsidian and medieval Japanese

That sounds as if I would love to see it! I think we should run a Minecraft contest "cities". :D

Hello Kitty Tissues!
rosedragon said 3 years ago 1/18/2011 7:52:30 PM EDT

+ in reply to...  

It sounds a good idea since city is what most players build. And obviously best cities will be something that build by multiple people, not solo-- that means, indication of how awesome people can do when they working together.

Arena AdminLadyMin said 3 years ago 1/19/2011 2:23:16 AM EDT

+ in reply to...  

Exactly. We have many team contests here at Worth and love collaborating, and Minecraft is a game that seems made for teamwork.

I will keep that in mind. :)

Hello Kitty Tissues!
TheZaius said 3 years ago 1/19/2011 2:06:25 PM EDT

I think it'd be nice to create some massive treehouse or a city built in the trees, like the forest moon of Endor in the Star Wars franchise.

It's that sense of living in nature that retains the feeling of wonder you get from playing Minecraft. I mean, most people do start off living in some cabin with nature in their backyard.

The only problem is, as usual, Creepers... If you have enemy mobs turned on, Creepers act like the blue shell of Minecraft.

Arena AdminLadyMin said 3 years ago 1/24/2011 11:23:15 AM EDT

+ in reply to...  

Oooh, how about a contest with things suspended in mid-air? I know it can be done, but it is a technical challenge. :)

The athore coments al totol lies!!!
rob_church said 3 years ago 1/24/2011 11:52:00 AM EDT

if you have it 3 sqaures high they cant get to you thats why i always build on a mountian:) lol a lot more then 3 sqares high thats for sure then i go on the out set and carve down the side so their no way i can be attacked from my mountian and only one way up with is gernally though a tunnle down into the mountain where my bunker is..ths way once im safe i know i can build in peace day or night:)

spider also never used to be able to now with the beta spiders can climb walls i was very confused when building my recent rtemple why spiders kept showwing up on top of my mountian seem now you need to build a an overhang of one sqaure and they cant get up

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.